standard wds with STA1.5.0+?

Martin Whitlock martin.whitlock
Thu Nov 7 07:41:02 PST 2002

I happen to have some cards with f/w 1.5.6. I tried to use one in Master
mode and connecting a HostAP client to it with wds_type set to 2 (trying to
bridge packet in Managed mode). This was unsuccessful, but I expect that
some modifications has to be made to the driver to look for standard WDS
frames, right? As far as I understand the driver doesn't treat standard
frames since the prism f/w so far hasn't supported it. Does anyone know how
to test and verify the wds functionality (without access to any other WLAN
AP supporting standard wds)??

/Martin