alternative retry count

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Dec 17 19:28:09 PST 2002

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 08:04:51PM +0100, Martin Daur wrote:

> in the release note posting from 2002-04-05 I found out this driver is
> now supporting setting the retry paramater manually. the source code is
> talking about an  alternative retry count, may anybody explain me what
> the "alternative retry count" is?

Prism2 cards support two 'maximum retry count' values and well, that is
the second one ;-). The default value is hard coded so it cannot be used
for manual configuration. However, this alternative retry count can be
changed and that is why the driver is using it.

> Is it possible to set the retry count (or alternative retry count and
> other driver parameters) per every delivered packet?

You can only select whether you want to use default or alternative retry
count for each frame. There is not enough time to change the alternative
retry count between frames. So, you have two possible values for retry
counts, if you need to have different setting for some frames.