Linksys WPC 11

Gary Huntress ghuntress
Sat Dec 14 06:06:51 PST 2002

I am trying to use the hostap driver with a linksys wpc11.   This is on an
IBM Thinkpad running a very stock installation of RH 7.3 (installed fresh).

Here is what I have done

1) download and unpack hostap-2002-10-12
2) make pccard ran ok with no errors
3) make install_pccard ran ok with no errors
4) I restarted cargmgr and inserted card and it was detected, lsmod returns:
        hostap_cs (unused)
        hostap        [hostap_cs]
        hostap_crypt    [hostap]

5)  I see only successful messages in /var/log/messages;
        "executing './network start wlan0'
        "hostap_cs: index 0x01: vcc 5.0, irq3, io 0x01 80-0x01bf
        "hostap_cs: Registered netdevice wlan0"
        "/etc/hotplug/net.agent:   invoke ifup wlan0"

5)  iwconfig returns only lo and I am not online.

6)  Using cardctl ident I verified that my manfid (0x0274, 0x1613) is in
/etc/hostap_cs.conf, but the entry did not seem to have the exact card
title, so I added the info reported by cardctl :
    card "The Linksys Group, Inc."
    version "Instant Wireless Network PC Card", "ISL37300P", "RevA"
    manfid 0x0274, 0x1613
    bind "hostap_cs"

after adding that, I restarted cardmgr again and see the same thing.

I'm still offline and totally out of ideas.  Can anyone tell me how I should
continue troubleshooting this?

Thanks!

Gary