hostap bridging wired and wireless network query

Salil Gokhale salil
Fri Dec 13 21:42:57 PST 2002

hello

I have set up an access point using hostap. My laptop also has an ethernet
conenction. My machine has static IP 130.245.126.245 .I want to establish
bridging between wlan and wired lan.

I used the following commands to setup the bridge

brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 eth0
brctl addif br0 wlan0

ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0
ifconfig wlan0 0.0.0.0

ifconfig br0 130.245.126.245 up

After these steps I cannot access network even from the access point
machine. Also I cannot access network from any machine on wlan.

Am I missing something?
Do I need to setup gateway or routes on access point or other machines?

My configuration

access point on Dell Inspiron, kernel 2.4.19, hostap 09/12, pcmcia cs-
3.1.34

Thanks in advance
Salil Gokhale