kismet sniffer and hostap driver

Praedor Atrebates praedor
Tue Dec 10 14:06:28 PST 2002

I seem to recall not too long ago someone in the list mentioning getting
kismet to work with the hostap driver.  Has anyone managed to get kismet to
work with it?  I have used kismet for a while with success when using the
prism2_cs driver but since switching to hostap_cs, I can't get it working.

Running "kismet_monitor" knocks my card into master mode from which the app
just doesn't seem to work.  Starting kismet connects to the kismet server but
it never ever sees any traffic even in heavy wireless traffic areas.

praedor