Duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates…

Chris Walker cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk
Fri Mar 29 03:24:17 PDT 2024

On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 13:40:26 -0400
Mike Pollock <itsamike at gmail.com> wrote:

> Since the consolidation of much of BBC Local Radio, syndicated
> programmes airing across multiple local stations are now replicated in
> the archive with different PIDs and suffixed names. This has the
> unpleasant effect of causing keyword search hits to download multiple
> versions of the same programme:
[snip]
> Is there a better way, or is there a chance of adding some duplication
> detection into the software itself?

I can't offer a way to detect duplicates but in the past when Bernie
Keith Rock 'n' Roll Show was broadcast on several local stations I
would pick one of those stations and download that one. I chose
Northampton even though I'm in Norfolk (I think that may now come under
Three Counties) so the pvr file had these two lines in it :-
fields desc
channel BBC Radio Northampton

Sadly the BBC have decided to bin off Bernie Keith on a Saturday as
they did with Geoff Barker earlier.

--
/ _/ _` \ V  V /  |  mailto:cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk  |