Duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates…

Mike Pollock itsamike at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 10:40:26 PDT 2024

Since the consolidation of much of BBC Local Radio, syndicated
programmes airing across multiple local stations are now replicated in
the archive with different PIDs and suffixed names. This has the
unpleasant effect of causing keyword search hits to download multiple
versions of the same programme:

p0hgqfd4 Babs Michel on BBC Radio Norfolk
p0hj2nbw Babs Michel on BBC Three Counties Radio
p0hgrkr4 Babs Michel on BBC Radio Suffolk
p0hgqm20 Babs Michel on BBC Radio Northampton
p0hgxcmp Babs Michel on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire
p0hhfdxh Babs Michel on BBC Essex

As the changes in Local Radio have made the output generally less
attractive, I've taken the drastic (but I hope temporary) step of
adding "refreshexcludegroupsradio local,regional" to my Options file
so Local Radio gets completely ignored.

Is there a better way, or is there a chance of adding some duplication
detection into the software itself?