modes=good gone?

MacFH - C E Macfarlane - News news at macfh.co.uk
Tue Mar 28 08:41:24 PDT 2023

On 28/03/2023 15:56, Chris Brady wrote:

> Am trying to download tv using modes=good for low res. but adequate
> watchable quality
>
> However this is not now working and I am getting the default of HD with
> 2GB file sizes
>
> I only want files about 300KB in lo res
>
> What do I use now? Thank you.

Mode settings have been replaced by quality settings, as follows:

--quality <quality>,<quality>,...
TV and radio recording quality preference.  See --tv-quality and
--radio-quality for available values and defaults. Default: default for
programme type.

--radio-quality <quality>,<quality>,...
Radio recording quality preference (overrides --quality):
high,std,med,low,default (Aliases: 320k,128k,96k,48k). Comma-delimited
list in descending order of preference. Default: high,std,med,low.

--tv-lower-bitrate, --tvlbr
Prefer 25fps (or lower-bitrate 50fps) streams for TV programmes if
available.

--tv-quality <quality>,<quality>,...
TV recording quality preference (overrides --quality):
fhd,hd,sd,web,mobile,default (Aliases: 1080p,720p,540p,396p,288p).
Comma-delimited list in descending order of preference. Default:
hd,sd,web,mobile

For further help, use the --helplong switch.