output format

fred.d fred.d at timelords.org.uk
Mon Mar 27 09:56:29 PDT 2023

Recently started using gip to download sounds and audio files.

Unfortunately I've got my prefs set to force output to mpeg .TS. Result
is my downloaded audio is being converted to .ts files unless I override
the command line with --raw when downloading audio :-(

Does anyone know a way to configure gip Video output format separately
from Audio output format? I've had a quick look at all the options I
have docs on but I can't see anything obvious.

Note:
I use .ts for historical reasons for video. I also have a decent .ts
editor (TS-DOCTOR) that I like the interface for and it's quick to use
and still handles 95% of content wonderfully. So quick, frame accurate,
lossless editing with no hassle.
I've not found anything that's as easy to find edit points quickly using
a keyboard when editing other video formats. Most of them use timelines
as they are designed more for assembling than straight editing. To be
fair I have only tried free software such as shotcut and openshot so
there may be something else out there that's better. If so maybe it's
time to change base format to .mkv or mp4. I'm not averse to change,
it's just that I need an editor that's as easy and quick to use.

Thanks.