Get_iplayer no longer converts to m4a

Steve Rochford steve.rochford at outlook.com
Sun Jun 5 09:26:09 PDT 2022

That line in the Perl script is part of the run_cmd function which calls all the external programs. I think that it will be calling ffmpeg to carry out the audio conversion and if that's missing then the conversion will fail.

I don't understand most of the Perl script (there's a reason it's sometimes called a "write-only" language) but I think that one of the first thing that happens in get_iplayer is a check for ffmpeg so I'm not sure how this is succeeding if ffmpeg is missing.

On my install, there's a folder C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\utils\bin which contains ffmpeg.exe - do you have a similar folder?

Steve