Curating "In Our Time" (IOT) downloads.

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jul 5 16:33:51 PDT 2022

On 05/07/2022 21:04, Budge wrote:
> On 05/07/2022 19:00, David Cantrell wrote:
>> $ AtomicParsley In_Our_Time_-_John_Bull_m0018nsd_other.m4a --textdata
>> Atom "©grp" contains: Factual,History,Discussion & Talk
>> Atom "©gen" contains: Factual
>
> Not now at the machine where my GiP history resides but I have meanwhile
> been confused further by the above reference to "Factual."  I have not
> seen any of my existing files which have been entered into a "Factual"
> subdirectory.  I only have the five directories Culture, History,
> Philosophy, Religion and Science.  Is there another category "Factual?"

Note that there are two fields that contain "Factual".

Back when I worked on the iPlayer back-end, categories were, if I
remember correctly, a multi-layered beast. I assume that they still are,
and that "Factual" is the top level, which contains a "History"
sub-category, which contains a "Discussion & Talk" sub-category.

Of course, that doesn't mean that they still organise things that way.
But nevertheless, one of the categories you were interested in was
"History", and that appears in the "©grp" atom for that particular episode.

--
David Cantrell