'5 Live Science' not being found to download

MacFH - C E Macfarlane - News news at macfh.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 02:17:46 PDT 2022

On 19/04/2022 11:03, iz wrote:

>> On 18 Apr 2022, at 15:17, MacFH - C E Macfarlane - News <news at macfh.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> 	--type radio --pid p02pc9ny --pid-recursive
>> ... it finds all the previous versions before April this year that I've already downloaded, listened to, and then deleted, and I don't want to waste my bandwith downloading 550 or so programmes that I've already heard.
>
> You can use --pid p02pc9ny --pid-recursive --hide --mark-downloaded to add to download history all previous podcast episodes not already downloaded. Use --pid p02pc9ny --pid-recursive --hide on subsequent runs to pick up new episodes.

Ah, thank you, I wasn't aware of the '--mark-downloaded' parameter, and
did in the end download them all just to delete them.  At least I'll
know for next time, thanks again.

I've also managed to adapt my calling program to allow parameters such
as --pid in the lists of search terms, simply by not quoting any search
term beginning with '--' before feeding it to GiP, so the one for
low-def radio now has a line that reads '--pid p02pc9ny --pid-recursive'
to pick up future podcast editions.

Normality now restored.