get_iplayer Remux: Programme "already in history" error

Xander Squier xanda at gmx.co.uk
Thu Jan 7 10:50:48 EST 2021

Thank you 1&All for replying.

Indeed, remuxing using ffmpeg is easy enough and running a batch script
to do so on a handful of them is also straightforward.

The question about the user command arose because it would, we thought,
help us on toward another goal: That of not having to tag downloads
individually as a post-process for [a bunch of] MP4s produced via custom
ffmpeg options.

Yet since posting the original question, it seems that invoking a user
command results in the tagging step being skipped over altogether.

So if anyone has an idea of how to drive get_iplayer to automatically
tag in this scenario, or perhaps even on how to produce a script for a
post process, then please do let us know.

Thanks again.