OT Question on audio downloads from youtube

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Sun Sep 27 09:58:37 EDT 2020

In article <fbfa2fa4-dea5-f5ae-0f94-04288229ff0a at errichel.co.uk>, Budge
<ajebay at errichel.co.uk> wrote:

> By way of a footnote in my search I found some beautiful videos of Bach
> Cantatas from the J.S. Bach Foundation which I was able to watch on TV
> with audio through fibre to my amplifier/speaker system.  So pleased was
> I that I thought I would go for a video download and this worked OK
> until YouTube stopped me.  I must have exceeded some limit but it was
> good while it lasted!

If you were getting them via YT-dl then it might be worth my saying:

My impression is that YT often "shuffle the deckchairs" behind the scenes.
I can't tell if this is aimed at blocking methods like YT-dl or not. But in
practice I find it is often necessary to get an 'updated' version of YT-dl
in order to, once again, fetch items from YT.

BTW I found some nice (audio) examples of  performances by George Malcolm
the keyboard player on YT. Not all of which seem to have been re-issued by
'Eloquence'. Like his playing as it sounds like music rather than an
academic exercise. :-)

Jim

--
Electronics  https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm