RIAA wipes youtube-dl from the internet

Peter S Kirk peter.kirk at isauk.biz
Sun Oct 25 14:51:53 EDT 2020

The one thing I've not seen link to, other than El Reg, is the RIAA DMCA
takedown notice:

https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2020/10/2020-10-23-RIAA.md

They seem to have given up on torrent sites as TPB, Zooqle etc now
available on BT. Moved on to unfunded community projects. imo evil bstards

Let's hope it's another pointless whack a mole

"Depriving artists"? No, I might dl, but I'd never have paid if no dl

RIAA assumes all who dl for free would pay - false dichotemy