Syntax for grabbing all episodes of the new season of Celebrity Master Chef

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Jul 6 18:03:09 EDT 2020

On 06/07/2020 20:16, Dave Liquorice wrote:

> It has potential to be a good litte earner but managing what content was
> available to which parts of the world and that the consumer was really where
> they claimed to be would be horrendous.

The last bit is fairly easy. Rights holders don't require that you are
completely accurate at banning people from overseas. Twenty-odd years
ago when I was asked to look into regional restrictions for Olympic
content for them banning 90% of people who ought to be banned was
considered good enough.

Geo-IP libraries are pretty accurate these days. There is of course a
constant game of whack-a-mole with VPN end-points, but hardly anyone
actually uses those so blocking them isn't particularly important.

--
David Cantrell