OT really Re: Syntax for grabbing all episodes of the new season of Celebrity Master Chef

CJB chrisjbrady at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 07:58:07 EDT 2020

Interestingly the Genome service has an \Explorer option whereby it is
supposed to allow you to search the Archives. However I've not yet got
it to find anything.

When doing a search on Genome itself sometimes there are links to
recordings on iPlayer.

There are indeed quite a few OTR enthusiasts who have provided long
forgotten recordings from off-air. One series recovered entirely from
enthusiasts was "Parsely Sidings."

There's a great guy one Keith Wickham who restores off-air recordings
for R4X. He's on Facebook.

On another group on FB a member reports:

Re: I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again

"Having a clearout before a house move and these tapes, 'obtained'
when I worked in the Tape Library at Ken.House, will be donated to
Kaleidoscope for their safe keeping. They are the un-cut studio tapes
for the complete 1973 series of 'I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again'. The
BBC actually has digital copies of all of these (plus some more) which
I gave them, via Keith W.... a few years ago. Oh, did I get even a
'thank you'? Nope. So, the tapes will go to Chris Perry's Kaleidoscope
team as they'll probably keep them better than the Beeb will! Just
noticed that there is a reel missing from the 11.11.73 recording, it's
here somewhere! I still have to locate the some other stuff too, the
loft beckons! Oh, in case you're wondering, I 'obtained' them when I
was told to wipe them and re-use the tapes. I took them home instead."

That gives us some hope ...

CJB

On 06/07/2020, Jim web <web at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:
> In article
> <CAPZzCnOOB9nsVZF=XRaaKhBrZg_23gKO8aWwG=OJ7N+6XPsCKQ at mail.gmail.com>,
>    CJB <chrisjbrady at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would love to hear the programmes made by such pioneers as Charles
>> Parker, A.L.Lloyd, Ewan MacColl, Michael Mason, Charles Chilton, Alan
>> Lomax, and many others. But their works have all been consigned to the
>> 'dusty archives' never to be heard again - that is if the archives
>> ever had them anyway.
>
> I've certainly heard items from series like the Chilton 'space' series. +
> Some MacColl. And I do think the BBC are gradually adding more archive
> material to an accessible 'archive'. The problem is that this is a slow
> process given the resources they have.
>
> Personally, I'd love to hear "The Northern Drift" again. But suspect most
> people now would  be baffled by "Close the coalhouse door"!
>
> However, much material will have been lost... and sometimes then recovered
> from 'home recordings'. ;->
>
> One of the curios here is the clash between trying to limit home recording
> and then using it to recover 'lost' material decades later. Various items
> have appeared again having been recovered from private recordings.
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Electronics
> https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm
> Armstrong Audio  http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/Armstrong/armstrong.html
> biog http://jcgl.orpheusweb.co.uk/history/ups_and_downs.html
> Audio Misc  http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/index.html

MSc. (O.R.); BSc. (Ind Maths); Dip. Ed. (F.E.); Cert Mgt (O.U.)
Health & Safety Rep. - Unite (MSF/AMICUS) + Brit. Airways
Freelance Investigative Journalist - re:
 Leasehold / Managing / Letting / Estate Agents