Syntax for grabbing all episodes of the new season of Celebrity Master Chef

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Sat Jul 4 13:29:01 EDT 2020

On Sat, 4 Jul 2020 at 13:58, Barry Toner <barry at tonermail.co.uk> wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how I do this?  I promised some friends in the USA I would grab this show for them.  I need the video and don’t need subtitles or audio description.

This is why I stopped subscribing to this list a couple of years ago -
I've been resubscribed by the old backup, but will be going again.  I
want nothing to do with anyone or anything that promotes violation of
the BBC terms of use.  See
https://www.bbc.co.uk/usingthebbc/terms-of-use/ - particularly 7a, the
bit that says

a. Don’t mess with our services

What do we mean by that? This sort of thing:
...Accessing content from outside the UK that you aren’t allowed to,
or helping others do the same.

So, please just stop using get-iplayer for this sort of thing.  People
have put effort into building get-iplayer to enable fair use within
the UK in circumstances that the BBC's own software doesn't support.

Yes, I'm angry.  I'm angry that people, including you Barry Toner, are
abusing the work others (and to a much lesser extent I) have put into
get-iplayer and the various distribution points for it.

So I'm pulling the plug on what's left of the Ubuntu repository
(though it was getting no further updates for other reasons), and
pulling the plug on the Raspbian repository.  If you don't like this,
tough.  Do your own thing.  I'm having no part in this any more.

Jon