no more hslv format ?

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Thu May 3 13:37:36 PDT 2018

On 03/05/18 12:18, Steve Dodd wrote:

> Is it possible it depends on the source material? From the BBC quote
> earlier it sounds like their "source" material is still mostly HD
> interlaced, but perhaps some of their sources are all also
> progressive, and those ones get doubled identical frames (which might
> be a logical result of feeding 25p material into something that's
> designed to interpolate interlaced fields into frames)?

The satellite broadcasts I have seen from the BBC and other broadcasters
are 1920x1080i25 for HD and 720x576i25 or 704x576i25 for SD.  Everything
that is broadcast is in an interlaced format at some stage, however it
is generated.  Some programmes are only produced for the iPlayer, so
they may be generated in a different way.

Best wishes
Richard