no more hslv format ?

Steve Dodd steved424 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 04:18:59 PDT 2018

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 12:24 AM, RS <richard22j at zoho.com> wrote:

> I think it was Nick Payne who said he had experimented with re-encoding in HEVC (H.265) and found that the file size was the same for 25fps as it was for 50fps, which led him to conclude that frames were being duplicated to achieve 50fps.

Is it possible it depends on the source material? From the BBC quote
earlier it sounds like their "source" material is still mostly HD
interlaced, but perhaps some of their sources are all also
progressive, and those ones get doubled identical frames (which might
be a logical result of feeding 25p material into something that's
designed to interpolate interlaced fields into frames)?

S.