no more hslv format ?

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Wed May 2 14:33:23 PDT 2018

Hi Owen,

> What do you mean this isn't a lossy transcoding?

Is that aimed at me?

Perhaps if you didn't top post, and instead wrote that under a quote of
mine I'd know to which bit of the two ffmpeg invocations you were
referring!  :-)

> How can ffmpeg go from 50fps to 25fps without losing anything?

I don't think it can, and didn't suggest it could.  It is lossy.  I said
the first, default, one wasn't, and that therefore it wasn't worth
combining this extra, 50->25, one with it, as you would want to if both
were lossy.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy