Unable to refresh

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Thu Mar 22 12:49:17 PDT 2018

On 22/03/18 19:25, I wrote:

> On 22/03/18 18:24, Ralph Corderoy wrote:

>> If you are typing `get_player .* --since 70' into a Linux shell then it
>> will glob the `.*' and replace it with the expansion, e.g. `. ..',
>> unless it's quoted.

> Sorry if I've got the command wrong.
>
> get_iplayer .* --since 70
> get_iplayer '.*' --since 70
> get_iplayer ".*" --since 70
>
> all give 67 programmes
>
> I don't know how to insert your left back quote ` in a Linux Terminal.
>
> I need to go back to the documentation to check what the correct format
> is to use with --since

The 3.09 release notes say,
"get_iplayer no longer lists all programmes when invoked without a
search argument. If you wish to list all programmes, you must now
explicitly specify a wildcard search: get_iplayer ".*" - note the
quotes. The Web PVR Manager does that by default. Also remember to use
--refresh to force ad hoc cache updates if you don't supply a search
argument."

"note the quotes" is in bold, but in this case it seems to give the same
results without.

Best wishes
Richard