Format of options file

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Mon Mar 5 05:15:22 PST 2018

On 05/03/2018 12:14, Colin Law wrote:

> Yes, I agree.  For anyone who knows the code it should not be
> difficult to ignore CR characters after the text. I expect it is
> already ignoring white space after it.  Any patch takes time to work
> out and to test though.

For history (I haven't yet found where it processes the options file) it
uses chomp at line 3717 (v3.12) to strip off any unwanted characters.
If I have understood this article correctly
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlport.html#Newlines
chomp should work portably with default settings.  I am not sure I have
fully understood the article it links to about chomp VARIABLE,  but I
can't see anywhere the variable is set.

Best wishes
Richard