Format of options file

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 04:02:39 PST 2018

Hi Colin,

> > > ') - using defaultalue for --ffmpeg-loglevel ('info
> >
> > That line above seems to be overprinting the «')» at the start of
> > the line suggesting there's an ASCII CR, carriage return, after the
> > `info' as if a Unix system was reading a POSIX text file of lines
> > ending in ASCII LF, linefeed, but being fed a DOS one with CR LF
> > pairs.
>
> Are we certain that the problem has been correctly analysed?

Yes, I did.  :-)

> The line shown above appears to have a CR after info and before the
> quote sign, which would not be valid on either system.

Because the value is «info\r» and it's being printed surrounded by

    WARNING: invalid value for --ffmpeg-loglevel ('$opt->{ffmpegloglevel}') - using default\n

becomes

    WARNING: invalid value for --ffmpeg-loglevel ('info
    ') - using default

becomes

    ') - using defaultalue for --ffmpeg-loglevel ('info

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy