Format of options file

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Sun Mar 4 05:22:59 PST 2018

On 04/03/18 12:40, michael norman wrote:
> On 04/03/18 09:25, RS wrote:
>> On 04/03/18 00:24, I wrote:
>>>
>>> If download_history can use 0x0A as a line terminator in both Linux
>>> and Windows I can't see why the options file should not also.  The
>>> options file is internal to get_iplayer.  Users do not need to edit
>>> it directly.
>>>
>> I would add that now Linux fully supports NTFS it is not unreasonable
>> to want to share data between Windows and Linux versions of programs
>> and to go backwards and forwards between whatever happens to be
>> convenient at the moment.  Thunderbird, Libre Office, Softmaker
>> Teamviewer and browsers all make it possible, as long as you don't
>> try to do it on the Windows c: drive.
>>
>> I am writing this with Thunderbird sharing its message store between
>> Windows 10 and ubuntu 16.04.  All I needed to do to set it up was to
>> run thunderbird -p
>> to tell it where to store the messages.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> Richard
>
> This is OT but the other way of running Linux and Windows on the same
> box is to use virtualisation.  Virtualbox
>
> https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

I mainly use Linux with get_iplayer running on a SuSE server but also
use a Mint workstation accessing the server using SSH. I have virtual
machines on the workstation using VB. I mostly run virtual XP machines
but I have tried W7, W8 and W10 successfully. I'm thinking of setting up
some virtual NT4 systems as they are likely to use less resources and
will run most of the programs I am interested in.

--

Bernard Peek

   bap at shrdlu.com