Downloading Podcast?

Jeremy Nicoll - ml gip jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Tue Jan 2 15:05:45 PST 2018

On 2018-01-02 21:15, RS wrote:

> The Times has recently started including video clips.  So far I have
> been unable to play them.  I don't know if they are using Flash.  I do
> not know enough to be able to tell from a web page whether it is using
> HTML5 or Flash.

If you right-click over a video you can tell from what's offered whether
it is Flash; Flash videos have the word "Flash" mentioned in their menu
(or did last time I did this) and IIRC offer one the chance to run the
Flash Settings dialogue.

What's harder (impossible?) to see is whether the server might have
offered you a Flash video in other circumstances but has chosen to send
you an HTML5 one because it thinks that suits your browser/platform
better.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own