Missing PIDs

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Mon Sep 18 14:55:31 PDT 2017

 On Mon Sep 18 18:10:11 BST 2017, Shareef Jalloq wrote:

> so it's very possible I've done something stupid.
> (snip)
> I would have searched using 'get_iplayer --type=radio Annie'.
> This fails to show any entries.

 Hi Shareef :-)
I have just refreshed the radio.cache

get_iplayer --type=radio -f --force

and issuing

get_iplayer --type=radio "Annie Mac"

I get 20 matches:

Matches:
11070:  Annie Mac - Benji B co-hosts with Annie Mac, , b091vggc
11071:  Annie Mac - PVRIS perform live, , b091vghz
11072:  Annie Mac - Toddla T co-hosts with Annie Mac, , b091vgkl
11073:  Annie Mac - Jorja Smith delivers her new single, , b091vgm3
11074:  Annie Mac - Dan sits in for Annie with Reading highlights, ,
b0920296
11075:  Annie Mac - Power Down Playlist, , b09202bt
11076:  Annie Mac - Queens of the Stone Age play live, , b09202df
11077:  Annie Mac - Hottest Records Wrap Up, , b09202g2
11078:  Annie Mac - MistaJam sits in for Annie, , b092k8pc
11079:  Annie Mac - Maya Jane Coles Mini Mix and Tiga in Ibiza, , b092kjt3
11080:  Annie Mac - Nick Mulvey live gig, , b092kqfl
11081:  Annie Mac - New music from Beck, , b092kqh8
11082:  Annie Mac - Live from Bestival, , b092kqjw
11083:  Annie Mac - Snakehips Mini Mix, , b092kql0
11084:  Annie Mac - Arcane Roots Hottest Record, , b093pp6g
11085:  Annie Mac - Nothing But Thieves play live, , b093pp82
11086:  Annie Mac - Mercury Prize Pre-Party Playlist, , b093pp9p
11087:  Annie Mac - New music from Lorde, NAO and Isaac Gracie, , b093ppc6
11088:  Annie Mac - 15/09/2017, , b093ppdd
11089:  Annie Mac - Four Tet curates the Power Down Playlist, , b094dmrv

This is with latest 3.02 script; be advised that after the demise of
the BBC .xml feeds last spring, to populate the caches GiP has to
resort to the schedule feeds; this means that only programmes
broadcast and contained inside the linear beeb services can be
indexed (and this excludes many other PIDs available in iPlayer
service itself); the above is true for both TV+Radio...

> % get_iplayer "Annie Mac Live"
>> nothing

... This is expected for the following reasons:
1. You haven't specified programme type;
by default, only the tv.cache will be searched;
there's nothing currently in TV for "Annie Mac Live",
hence your search will return empty...
2. "Annie Mac Live" (or rather "Annie Mac Live Mix"),
pid=p05fdry0, isn't a standalone radio programme
contained in the BBC Radio 1 schedule feeds, thus
won't be found inside radio.cache.
Annie Mac Live Mix (part of Radio 1 Mixes,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p034pnmt ),
can be best described as "audio" clip; AFAIK,
"Annie Mac Live Mix" is just an excerpt from
the last hour of Annie's Friday radio show,
provided for convenience as a standalone PID;
for previous Fri Sep 15th, full show is under

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b093ppdd

Do note that the actual programme runs for 3hr
in the player, while the info just underneath it
erroneously reports a 2hr duration...
As you may see, I had no problem finding
last Friday's episode in my cache (index=11088).

 To sum things up, you won't be able to find
Annie Mac Live Mix in the radio cache, use
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p036ggzv/episodes/player
and hopefully
--type=radio --pid=p036ggzv --pid-recursive
will work...
If you are still unable to find proper (broadcast)
shows inside your radio cache, please post back
and we'll take it from there...

Best regards,
Vangelis.