Missing PIDs

Don Grunbaum (Gmail) don.grunbaum at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 12:54:06 PDT 2017

Hello Shareef

If you haven't run GiP for some time, it's likely that the programme you are trying to record is not in the cache as the source now used is only good for the last seven days. If you run GiP once a week (or more often) the cache will build up to four weeks' worth of programmes, with older programmes (28 days or a bit more) being removed from the cache. I'm fairly sure that's how it works since the last major rebuild following the BBC's changes to the source that GiP uses.

If it's not in the cache, your search won't find a match, but using the pid allows GiP to get the programme source directly, even if it's not in the cache.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure that somebody will correct me.

HTH

Don