Recordings folder changed

Jeremy Nicoll - ml gip jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Tue Oct 31 04:07:33 PDT 2017

On 2017-10-30 17:58, Graham Temple Personal wrote:
> Thanks Chris, but that only brings back the same results.
>
> In that options file there is the single text line - output
> /Users/graham.temple/Desktop/New folder/ but that saves the recordings
> the U drive. If I amend it to read - output
> /C:/Users/graham.temple/Desktop/New folder/ then I again get the error
> message ...

Apart from the forward slashes / back slash issue, note that if the
place
to save something is

    /Users/graham.temple/Desktop/New folder/

or indeed anything starting with a slash (or backslash) it means that
path
on the current disk drive... because there's no A:\ or B:\ or C:\ ... at
the
start.

Something else you'd done might have changed the "current drive" to U:\,
and
many commands would ok with that because they'd work out for themselves
which
drive to use (and choose C:\ perhaps because that's (probably) where you
have
Windows installed).  But when some process comes along that uses the
definition
you provide and that definition is vague (no specific drive mentioned)
what
happens depends on consequences of previous commands.

When you tried to change it to

  /C:/Users/graham.temple/Desktop/New folder/

that meant - because it started with a slash - a folder called

  "/C:/Users/graham.temple/Desktop/New folder/"

which is an illegal folder name because after that first slash there's
colons
present, which are expected to be at the front after a disk letter.  It
would
probably have worked fine if you'd actually used

  C:/Users/graham.temple/Desktop/New folder/

ie no initial slash.

This is not a g_ip problem, as such.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own