BBC Collections

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Mon Oct 9 03:54:56 PDT 2017

On 09/10/2017 08:21, Mike Casswell wrote:
> I am unable to download the programmes in bulk, using pid-recursive, at
> BBC Collections locations such as
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p056n6px
>
> This method has worked in the past for apparently similar collections -
> but note the use of 'group' in the url which I do not recall from
> previous examples. There is no problem using individual pids.
>
> I get 'failed to download json pid info' 'could not determine pid type'
> '0 matching programmes' 'could not download programme metadata from..'.
>
> I know I'm being idle but is there a way I might get pid-recursive to
> work with these locations? There are a great number of very interesting
> programmes available.

My understanding is that you can't these days, there was a change a
while back that made this method obsolete (you'd have to go through the
release notes of previous versions to determine when the change took
place). Using the individual PIDs is the only way AFAIK. I agree,
though, some superb programming here.

Alan

---