BBC Collections

Mike Casswell iplayer at nutwood.net
Mon Oct 9 00:21:19 PDT 2017

I am unable to download the programmes in bulk, using pid-recursive, at
BBC Collections locations such as
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/group/p056n6px

This method has worked in the past for apparently similar collections -
but note the use of 'group' in the url which I do not recall from
previous examples. There is no problem using individual pids.

I get 'failed to download json pid info' 'could not determine pid type'
'0 matching programmes' 'could not download programme metadata from..'.

I know I'm being idle but is there a way I might get pid-recursive to
work with these locations? There are a great number of very interesting
programmes available.

--
Mike Casswell