Problem with 3.06 PVR

CJB chrisjbrady at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 03:42:48 PST 2017

All the debate about code is beyond me. I do remember Frotran and Basic though.

Re: my case. I have re-installed Windows v3.6

I then again renamed the tv.cache and then did a refresh. I got about
114 'pages' of files. But these only amount to about 250KB of file.
The radio cache file runs at about 2,500KB.

About 244 tv new programmes were picked up - not a lot for a new blank
cache file.

A blank search of the tv listings started at 0 days - so the refresh
picked up some new programmes. My main test is to search for Blue
Planet but this consistently it failed to show.

BTW CLS with --pid=xxxxxx works fine.

I now need to go back to version of GiP when I last got a tv refresh.
That was for about 3.05 or 3.04.

Frankly for me 3.06 simply doesn't do the job. And I've missed some
really good programmes. But searching the iPlayer site and then doing
a 'manual' download with CLS takes too much time.

CJB.