Problem with 3.06 PVR

d.lake at surrey.ac.uk d.lake at surrey.ac.uk
Thu Nov 9 08:35:41 PST 2017

I had this problem with get_iplayer 3.06 and Ubuntu.

The issue was that my CPAN was not set-up fully so even though I thought I was updating IO::Socket::SSL I actually wasn't.

Start by ensuring that you are using a 2.x.x version of IO::Socket::SSL by running:

	perl -MIO::Socket::SSL -e 'print "$IO::Socket::SSL::VERSION\n";'

If you are, then that is not the issue.

If not, try updating using cpanm rather than full-blown cpan (uses a lot less memory):

	cpanm install IO::Socket::SSL

David