Problem with 3.06 PVR

Jon Crookston joncrookston at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 14:46:22 PST 2017

Frustratingly, while John and I shared similar symptoms, I don't think we had the same problem.  I've just installed IO::Socket::SSL but to no avail, and tried --no-index-concurrent.

I'm struggling to know where to look next - there isn't any real clue in the program output - is there a way to find out *why* it fails "to download programme schedule http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/programmes/schedules/last_week" etc.?  I'm not really very familiar with the use of 'proper' software tools for debugging etc., but if I had anything to go on I might try to do a bit more digging.

The output with --debug (below) doesn't seem to tell me much more, does anyone have any other suggestions?  The timestamp on the cache files suggest that the last successful refresh was performed at around 9pm on 29th Oct.  As far as I can recall, there were no changes to the setup here which might have brought this on.  It's not impossible that I updated some software such as my browser, but nothing which I would expect to be directly relevant.

Thanks,
Jon.

$ gip --refresh --type=radio --no-index-concurrent --debug
DEBUG: Parsing options from /home/user/.get_iplayer/options:
DEBUG: Loaded option nocopyright (nocopyright) = 1
DEBUG: Loaded option refreshexclude (refreshexclude) = Radio 5 live,BBC Radio 5 live sports extra,BBC Asian Network,BBC Parliament,BBC News
DEBUG: Loaded option refreshexcludegroupsradio (refreshexcludegroupsradio) = regional,local
DEBUG: Loaded option output (output) = /home/user/media/
DEBUG: Loaded option nopurge (nopurge) = 1
DEBUG: Loaded option refreshinclude (refreshinclude) = s4c
DEBUG: Loaded option refreshexcludegroupstv (refreshexcludegroupstv) = regional,local
DEBUG: Loaded option ffmpeg (ffmpeg) = /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg.exe
DEBUG: Loaded option tvmode (tvmode) = good
DEBUG: Parsing options from .get_iplayer/options:
DEBUG: Loaded option nocopyright (nocopyright) = 1
DEBUG: Loaded option refreshexclude (refreshexclude) = Radio 5 live,BBC Radio 5 live sports extra,BBC Asian Network,BBC Parliament,BBC News
DEBUG: Loaded option refreshexcludegroupsradio (refreshexcludegroupsradio) = regional,local
DEBUG: Loaded option output (output) = /home/user/media/
DEBUG: Loaded option nopurge (nopurge) = 1
DEBUG: Loaded option refreshinclude (refreshinclude) = s4c
DEBUG: Loaded option refreshexcludegroupstv (refreshexcludegroupstv) = regional,local
DEBUG: Loaded option ffmpeg (ffmpeg) = /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg.exe
DEBUG: Loaded option tvmode (tvmode) = good
INFO: encodinglocale = UTF-8
INFO: encodinglocalefs = UTF-8
INFO: encodingconsoleout = UTF-8
INFO: encodingconsolein = UTF-8
INFO: ${^UNICODE} = 0
INFO: Profile dir: /home/user/.get_iplayer
INFO: User options file: /home/user/.get_iplayer/options
INFO: System options file: /etc/get_iplayer/options
Current options:
debug = 1
encodingconsolein = UTF-8
encodingconsoleout = UTF-8
encodinglocale = UTF-8
encodinglocalefs = UTF-8
ffmpeg = /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg.exe
nocopyright = 1
noindexconcurrent = 1
nopurge = 1
output = /home/user/media/
refresh = 1
refreshexclude = Radio 5 live,BBC Radio 5 live sports extra,BBC Asian Network,BBC Parliament,BBC News
refreshexcludegroupsradio = regional,local
refreshexcludegroupstv = regional,local
refreshinclude = s4c
tvmode = good
type = radio
verbose = 1

INFO: Search args: '.*'
DEBUG: arg '.*' is not a programme index number - load specified caches
INFO: Cache format from existing radio cache file: index,type,name,pid,available,expires,episode,seriesnum,episodenum,versions,duration,desc,channel,categories,thumbnail,timeadded,guidance,web
INFO: Got 4336 file cache entries for radio
INFO: Will refresh channel BBC Radio 1
INFO: Will refresh channel BBC Radio 1Xtra
INFO: Will refresh channel BBC Radio 2
INFO: Will refresh channel BBC Radio 3
INFO: Will refresh channel BBC Radio 4
INFO: Will refresh channel BBC Radio 4
INFO: Will refresh channel BBC Radio 4 Extra
INFO: Will refresh channel BBC Radio 6 Music
INFO: Will refresh channel BBC World Service
DEBUG: Using desktop user-agent string: 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0'
DEBUG: Using NoCookies user-agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:53.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/53.0'

INFO: Indexing radio programmes (sequential)
DEBUG: Getting feed http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/programmes/schedules/last_week
INFO: Getting URL: http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/programmes/schedules/last_week

WARNING: Failed to download programme schedule http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/programmes/schedules/last_week
DEBUG: Getting feed http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/programmes/schedules/this_week