Problem with 3.06 PVR

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Tue Nov 7 04:12:18 PST 2017

Hi John,

> I've discovered that if I update the cache from a terminal window
> using 'sudo get_iplayer --refresh' instead of just 'get_player
> --refresh' everything works fine.
> So it's a permissions issue, for some reason. get_player 3.06 running
> on Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa".

It might not be a permissions problem, and you should not have to run as
root with sudo.  Not unless you've messed things up in the past by
dabbling somehow with root.  Based on your previous error report that
you quoted,

> >> INFO: Indexing tv programmes (concurrent)
> >> .....Mojo::Reactor::Poll: I/O watcher failed: SSL_ca_file
> >> SCALAR(0xfeb188) does not exist at /usr/share/perl5/IO/Socket/SSL.pm
> >> line 1642.

have you tried `get_iplayer --refresh --no-index-concurrent'?

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy