daf* radiomodes broken by the BBC!

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Mon May 29 05:53:11 PDT 2017

>From: Vangelis forthnet Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 04:15

>>On Fri May 12 01:02:11 BST 2017, tellyaddict wrote:

>(daf* radiomodes broken by the BBC!)
>> The feeds are still there in the mediaselector.
> >Any ideas what needs to be changed to fix it?

>Well, I couldn't really sleep until I debugged this
>for myself, so there you go:

>In my GiP 2.97 copy, I restored daf* radiomodes by
>changing line (possibly mangled by mailer)

Vangelis's patch omitted.

This problem no longer seems to appear on the Known issues page linked to.
Does that mean it has been fixed?  I don't think I ever saw the text saying
what the problem was.  I have not tried Vangelis's patch.  I have been
avoiding DAF, but is that no longer necessary?  As tellyaddict says, I get
good speeds (about 40Mbit/s, the same as DAF, as against 4Mbit/s for HAF)
from hlsaacstd, but only up to 128kbit/s.  I have just downloaded b08ndm0f
from DAFhigh1, and there did not seem to be any problem.