An Art Lover's Guide - 3 St Petersburg

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Fri May 26 10:26:47 PDT 2017

On 26/05/2017 17:24, C E Macfarlane wrote:

> --
> www.macfh.co.uk/MacFH.html
>
>>      Flash is not the problem.  get_iplayer v2.97 only finds the
>>      audiodescribed
>>      and default modes.  The default mode has signing.  You are
>>      going to have to
>>      upgrade to a more recent version.
>>
>>      Modes found by v3.01 are
>>      audiodescribed,audiodescribed3,editorial,editorial2,original,s
>>      igned,signed3
> Thanks for this, you were right  -  the re-downloaded version was again BSL
> & AD.  It seems odd that the first two episodes were fine and downloaded as
> HD, while the third does not.  Is there not a command-line to force the
> correct mode?
>
> Also, I've noticed today that the first two episodes of The Story Of Maths
> came down as HD, but the last two came down as SD.

It's not the first time that there has been inconsistency from one
episode to another regarding the modes available in a series. Annoying
when you get HD for 2 episodes and SD for the last one! The only thing I
hope for, especially on BBC Four (where programmes are often repeated
after a period of time), is that the issue is remedied on a repeat!

Alan

---