News Quiz Extra pvr Download Failed

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Thu May 18 04:07:46 PDT 2017

On 18/05/17 02:14, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> On Wed May 17 23:30:42 BST 2017, Budge wrote:
>
>> pvrsearch = News_Quiz_Extra
>>        radiomode = better
>>        search0 = News_Quiz_Extra
>>        type = radio.
>
> Is there actually a fullstop (.) after radio?
> Was this PVR search created manually via an editor?
> I don't use the PVR often (ad-hoc downloader),
> but AFAIR GiP does not include by default "="
> when storing PVR searches...
>
>> Did my pvr download fail because I have
>> type=radio rather than type=podcast?
>
> I think you are mixing two different
> connotations of "podcast" here;
> Podcast as programme type (hence
> --type=podcast) and podcast as an
> audio version of a radio show
> (hence --versions=podcast).
>
> Support for --type=podcast has been removed
> from GiP in v2.98 (it was already broken in 2.97,
> due to BBC changes made to the podcast feeds).
>
> However, support for the podcast version of a
> radio show (when that exists) is ongoing in 3.01.
>
> As Richard said, your show is to be found on
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08qgx61
>
> get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=b08qgx61 -i | grep versions
>
> only finds the "original" version, the one RS fetched.
> On the show's page there's a link to
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010m2mj/episodes/downloads
> and from there to
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0530vlq
> which is the pid you used.
> In this case,
>
> get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=p0530vlq -i | grep versions
>
> only finds "versions:       podcast" and that's the VERSION
> you manually recorded; FWIW, that got you an M4A file
> (AAC LC encode) with the same content as the MP3 file
> available at the link RS suggested:
>
> http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/redir/version/2.0/mediaset/audio-nondrm-download/proto/http/vpid/p0530tq6.mp3
>
> (128kbpsCBR)
>
> Regards,
> Vangelis.

Hi Vangelis,
You are correct.  I had not distinguished between type and version.  I
also now see that the pid I used is a podcast version.  I just used what
came up on the website without thinking and that explains why I have a
podcast version not the "original" which I usually get from my pvr cron job.

All this still does not explain why the pvr cron job failed. The full
stop is not in my list search item which was created by --pvr-add not by
directly editing and the "=" is put there by GiP.  This search worked on
previous occasions AFAIK.

If the cron job ran before the beeb had uploaded the file on Monday
night then it should have been picked up on following days so something
is wrong with my pvr list setup.  Where should I start?