News Quiz Extra pvr Download Failed

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed May 17 18:14:22 PDT 2017

On Wed May 17 23:30:42 BST 2017, Budge wrote:

> pvrsearch = News_Quiz_Extra
>        radiomode = better
>        search0 = News_Quiz_Extra
>        type = radio.

Is there actually a fullstop (.) after radio?
Was this PVR search created manually via an editor?
I don't use the PVR often (ad-hoc downloader),
but AFAIR GiP does not include by default "="
when storing PVR searches...

> Did my pvr download fail because I have
> type=radio rather than type=podcast?

I think you are mixing two different
connotations of "podcast" here;
Podcast as programme type (hence
--type=podcast) and podcast as an
audio version of a radio show
(hence --versions=podcast).

Support for --type=podcast has been removed
from GiP in v2.98 (it was already broken in 2.97,
due to BBC changes made to the podcast feeds).

However, support for the podcast version of a
radio show (when that exists) is ongoing in 3.01.

As Richard said, your show is to be found on
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08qgx61

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=b08qgx61 -i | grep versions

only finds the "original" version, the one RS fetched.
On the show's page there's a link to
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010m2mj/episodes/downloads
and from there to
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0530vlq
which is the pid you used.
In this case,

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=p0530vlq -i | grep versions

only finds "versions:       podcast" and that's the VERSION
you manually recorded; FWIW, that got you an M4A file
(AAC LC encode) with the same content as the MP3 file
available at the link RS suggested:

http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/redir/version/2.0/mediaset/audio-nondrm-download/proto/http/vpid/p0530tq6.mp3
(128kbpsCBR)

Regards,