[ANN] get_iplayer v3.00 released

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Mon May 1 05:18:47 PDT 2017

I'm guessing, but I suspect the answer is it depends what metadata you want.
The files I downloaded with v2.99 after the BBC's changes had a usable
<title> and put the PID in some other fields and get_iplayer in others.  If
you're content with that you probably don't need the new version.

Refreshing the cache does not take anything like as long as was suggested in
the release notes.  Again I am guessing but I suspect what is happening is
that the relevant pages get cached once they have been rendered for the
first person to request them.