2.99 Not Downloading Hi-Res Audio

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 05:00:13 PDT 2017

NOTE:	Resent because I forgot to copy group ...

Hi,

Thanks for the response, answers interleaved beneath your questions below

Regards, Charles.

--
www.macfh.co.uk/MacFH.html

>     what was the command line that you used?

gip.sh; /opt/bin/perl /opt/share/get_iplayer/get_iplayer --pvr >
/opt/share/get_iplayer/get_iplayer.log 2>&1

In answer to the next question that you'll ask, gip.sh sets up the pvr
environment by ...
	Reconciling with another server the following:
		Download histories
		Caches
		Four different files of search terms  -  HD TV, SD TV, HD Audio, SD Audio
	It then creates that night's four pvr jobs from the search terms in those
four files.  Then the pvr runs to download anything found in the four jobs,
as well as run any ONCE jobs that I may have added manually.  As an example,
the pvr job created for HD Audio begins like this:
~ # cat /opt/share/get_iplayer/pvr/Daily3D
radiomode dashhigh,flashaachigh,hafhigh
type radio
search0 Caithream Ci.il
search1 Crunluath
<etc>

>     also what OS. Mac OS X, Linux, Windows

Linux on a Zyxel NSA221 NAS.

>     that part of the Perl code is attempting to resume a download.
>     it is attempting to open the data file. it appears to be confused
>     by the absence of a class.

I forgot to mention that an empty output file of 0 bytes length was created,
but it got no further.