Loss of XML feeds...

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Tue Mar 14 00:52:00 PDT 2017

On 14/03/2017 14:18, Vangelis forthnet wrote:

> For "academic" reasons,
>
> perl get_iplayer-299.pl --type=tv -f --force --ybbcy
> --refresh-exclude="BBCAlba,BBC Parliament,S4C,CBeebies"
>
> took 12min to build a tv.cache of 1086 entries (YMMV);
> local channels are ignored by default.
> --ybbcy switch applies to GiP 2.95+

The mind boggles how long it would take to build the radio.cache! :-(

As it stands the current TV situation is not a massive problem for me as
I mostly use PIDs because of the relatively small programmes I
download.  Radio, on the other hand is a totally different matter with a
very large number of relatively short programmes, especially on Radio
4/4Extra and it's too much of a pain to go PID-hunting for each and
every one! :-(