Version "shortened"

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Mon Jul 17 10:24:59 PDT 2017

Greetings from sunny Manchester (but only for the next few days)

Until RS's posting today, I hadn't noticed I only had a 15 minute
download originally, so I'm grateful for the alert! ;-)

On 17/07/2017 17:26, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> What is still odd is that if one browses
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/programmes/schedules/fm/2017/07/14
> one can see that DR (as you said) was broadcast for ca. 30min starting
> 18:30 BST, but the link there again takes you to the same episode page
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08xcwz4
> where it is (again) advertised as being only 15min long!
>
> Me thinks this is a c*ckup on the beeb's end!

Agreed. I think when they realised their error they corrected the file
but forgot to alter the title.

> They should've created two different pids (or even two different
> vpids), one for the abridged (on LW) and another one for the full (on
> FM) version.

Hmm not sure about that. I can't help thinking that if the cricket
overran on LW, they would have joined the FM feed 15 minutes late,
rather than present an abridged 15 minute version - after all, they
wouldn't have known by how long the cricket would overrun. Anyway, I
can't think why anyone would want a shortened version of the programme!

---