version iplayer

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Sat Jul 15 08:27:55 PDT 2017

I have not seen version iplayer before.  Does anyone know what it signifies?

b08y7ntl (Watchdog s38e03) was broadcast at 2000 on 12 July.  For about 40
hours it was shown as NOT AVAILABLE in the iPlayer.  Although I was not
aware of it before, programmes are divided into four clip on the programme's
web page.  After 40 hours one clip appeared and the status changed to This
programme will be available soon.  The remaining clips and version iplayer
without subtitles appeared after about 46 hours.  There seems to be a full
complement of modes.

I did wonder whether one of the objects of the programme had objected to the
coverage, but the  actual duration is 58min 37s so not much can have been
removed.  When programmes are edited for the iPlayer they are usually shown
as version editorial or even editorial2.