Re "Issues with Large Files" and "Recent Radio Downloads Not Playing".

batguano999 batguano999 at zoho.com
Mon Jan 23 07:36:25 PST 2017

Hi
I think that your problems are caused because the aac files muxed by FFmpeg into m4a when using get_iplayer are not compatible with your Linn DS devices.
This is also the case with some other hardware players. I know from personal experience.
Linn have told you "...the problems are caused by the file..."
And if you can be bothered to file a bug report to FFmpeg they will probably tell you that it is your player that's "buggy".
To play the BBC music files with their original aac data unconverted you might be able to do this by using a different m4a muxer instead of FFmpeg.
That's what I have to do.

But some work is needed, chatter about "radio 3 operas" and "The News Quiz" won't cut it.