Issues with Large Files

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 06:57:42 PST 2017

Thank you for the suggestion Richard, one of several I have received.
Of course I could re code these files and I am sure I would not be able
to hear any differences between file formats.  These types of argument
have been well explained here
https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

My problem is I have 450+ of these files and to do the job properly,
breaking each work up into acts and scenes etc, naming and tagging the
files would take months.   I would very much enjoy having the resulting
library but do not have the time.

I am also very reluctant to use my time even transcoding in order to
prop up a deficiency in a bunch of doubtful proprietary
software/firmware which cost me several thousands of pounds rather than
have the admitted deficiency to be rectified by Linn.  Meanwhile they
play beautifully on my RPi.

I understand the issue is probably one of buffering and the buffer size
written in the firmware.  Linn are aware of the issue but I have no idea
when they will fix it.  It is possible your problem is similar.