Issues with Large Files

iz ilainftw at gmx.com
Sat Jan 14 07:20:18 PST 2017

> Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 12:05 PM
> From: RS
>
> always suspicious of people who refer to "chunks" when there is a recognised

I suspect they are using "chunk" from MP4 parlance, though a chunk contains multiple audio blocks ("samples" in MP4).

> Does the Linn play all the files in a directory in turn?  It it does, would
> it help to split the file into separate files for each act of the opera?

The issue could be that Linn's player doesn't have enough memory to read the sample tables from the file's MP4 container, so it refuses to play the file. If so, splitting the file or transcoding to FLAC are probably the best options.