Issues with Large Files

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 10:26:00 PST 2017

On 12/01/17 16:14, Jim web wrote:
> In article <37968d10-ab7a-f131-e07d-00b58cc2a9ad at errichel.co.uk>, Budge
> <ajebay at errichel.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 10/01/17 22:48, Budge wrote: [snip] Linn advised thus.

>> My question is with what does one look at a file to find out this info.
>> I tried mediainfo and am none the wiser.  What tool gives me the detail
>> to which Linn referred?
>
> I can't give a specific answer. But my own reaction whenever I want to try
> and examine AV files or process them is to turn to the ffmpeg family. (In
> practice, they are also what is 'under the GUI' of many other programs for
> AV.) I suspect ffmpeg will 'clean' the file for you. The ffprobe program
> may well tell you more about it.

Hi Jim,
Many thanks.  Yes I agree ffmpeg was my first thought but I am spoiled
for choice of command options.  ffprobe output didn't tell me what I was
looking for although that may be due to me not understanding what I was
looking at.  However I have no doubt ffmpeg will clean things up.  I
shall try a few options and see what happens.
Regards,
Budge