Issues with Large Files

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 08:14:07 PST 2017

In article <37968d10-ab7a-f131-e07d-00b58cc2a9ad at errichel.co.uk>, Budge
<ajebay at errichel.co.uk> wrote:
> On 10/01/17 22:48, Budge wrote: [snip] Linn advised thus.

> My question is with what does one look at a file to find out this info.
> I tried mediainfo and am none the wiser.  What tool gives me the detail
> to which Linn referred?

I can't give a specific answer. But my own reaction whenever I want to try
and examine AV files or process them is to turn to the ffmpeg family. (In
practice, they are also what is 'under the GUI' of many other programs for
AV.) I suspect ffmpeg will 'clean' the file for you. The ffprobe program
may well tell you more about it.

Jim