Don't want the .m4a file

Chris Walker cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk
Wed Feb 8 04:15:21 PST 2017

Having just updated my Ubuntu box to Gip 2.98, I mourned the loss of
the --aactomp3 option. But a quick flick through the docs offered the
ffmpeg conversion. That's working well and I now have an mp3 file with
the correct tags. It also has an embedded thumbnail which I used to
need to specify. So I'll now need to rewrite the dozen or so scripts I
have which previously added the thumbnail and would then chop the
various mp3 files into smaller segments which I play in my car.

No problem, I can do that. What I can't seem to do despite three or
four hours of trying, is to delete the .m4a file once the conversion
from .m4a to .mp3 is complete.

I've tried creating a preset which just does this :-
--command-radio='rm -f "<dir>/<fileprefix>.m4a"' but it seems to be
deleting the m4a file before the conversion has taken place.

So can somebody help this bear of little brain to accomplish this task
please?

--
/ _/ _` \ V  V /  |  mailto:cdw_pcmail at the-walker-household.co.uk  |